D.Va, an esteemed and celebrated protagonist in Overwatch 2, is renowned for her prowess as a tank and distinct persona. Previously a professional gamer, she now commandeers a formidable mechanized suit to safeguard her motherland of South Korea. Within the game, she is a formidable force to be reckoned with, possessing a diverse array of abilities that enable her to withstand harm, impede enemy advancements, and ravage enemy fortifications.
D.Va has been a cornerstone of the Overwatch meta for countless years, with her skillset and gameplay style granting her immense favor amongst professionals. Skilled players such as Poko, Space, Fury, and many others have established themselves by utilizing D.Va, effectively showcasing her remarkable versatility and power in various game situations.
As a tank hero, D.Va’s role is to draw the enemy’s focus, shield her allies, and impede enemy offensives. She is furnished with formidable thrusters that empower her to charge towards her enemies at an accelerated pace, alongside a defense matrix that can intercept enemy fire and shield her allies. Furthermore, she has access to micro missiles capable of unleashing considerable damage upon multiple targets and a self-destruct mechanism that can devastate enemy fortifications and eliminate groups of enemy heroes.
D.Va’s personality, which is both unique and fun-loving, has transformed her into a beloved figure within the Overwatch community. Her quirky and entertaining exchanges, as well as her impressive proficiency while in the cockpit of her mech, have contributed to her widespread popularity. Whether you desire a hero who can resist harm, impede enemy advancements, or just enjoy a lighthearted experience, D.Va is the ideal hero for you in Overwatch 2.
D.Va’s Hero Stats, abilities, kit Position, Basic Information
D.Va is classified as a Tank hero, which means she is responsible for absorbing damage and providing protection for her team. Her stats reflect this role, with high health and strong defense abilities.
- Health: 350
- Armor: 300
- Health: 150 health
- Casting time: 1.5 seconds
- D.Va’s mech will automatically eject her when it reaches 1 Health. This forces D.Va into Pilot Form.
- D.Va’s primary weapon is a pair of automatic Fusion Cannons. These cannons have unlimited ammo, but they have a slow rate of fire and deal less damage up close.
- Damage:0.6 – 2
- Falloff range:10 – 20 m
- Spread angle:Constant: 3.75 degrees
- Move. speed:-40% penalty, except when using Ability-dva2.png Boosters
- Num. of pellets:11 per shot
- Rate of fire:6.667 shots per second
- Description: Rapid-fire blaster that deals damage to enemies from a distance.
- Projectile speed:50 meters per second
- Rate of fire:7 rounds per second
- 1 round per 0.128 seconds
- Reload time:1.4 seconds
- Description: D.Va propels herself forward with her mech thrusters, dealing damage to enemies in her path.
- Move. speed:12 meters per second
- 17 meters per second (booped target)
- Max. range:Up to 23.98 meters
- Duration:0.4 seconds min. duration
- 2 seconds max duration
- Cooldown:4 seconds
- Description: D.Va creates a barrier that absorbs enemy projectiles and deals damage to melee attackers.
Please let me know if you would like me to include additional abilities or information.
- Max. range:10 meters
- Duration:0.5 seconds min. duration
- 3 seconds max. duration
- Cooldown:1 second
- 6 seconds to full charge
- Rapid-fire missiles that deal damage to enemies.
- Effective against multiple targets and great for suppressing enemy fire.
- Unleash a barrage of missiles to take down your foes.
- Damage: Direct hit: 7 per missile
- Splash: 1 – 4 per missile
- Self: 1 – 4 per missile
- Projectile speed:40 meters per second
- Area of effect:1.5 meter radius
- Rate of fire:11 missiles per second
- Casting time:0.256 seconds
- Cooldown:7 seconds
- Massive explosive attack
- Deals huge damage to enemies
- Can wipe out multiple foes at once
- Damage:100 – 1000
- Area of effect: 20-meter radius
- Casting time:3-second fuse
- Ultimate cost:1540 points
- D.Va is best played as a front-line Tank hero, leading the charge and absorbing damage for her team. She is also effective as a flanker, using her mobility to get behind enemy lines and disrupt their formation.
D.Va’s Basic Information
- Real Name: Hana Song
- Age: 19
- Nationality: South Korean
- Occupation: Former professional gamer, Mech pilot
- Base of Operations: Busan, South Korea
- Voice actress: Charlet Chung
D.va: An In-Depth Look at the Evolution of Her Strategy
D.va has been a fan-favorite hero in the Overwatch universe for many years, and her playstyle has evolved significantly over the years. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the different strategies that have emerged for D.va in the past and present, including the dive meta of 2016-2017, the goats meta of 2018-2020, and her current state in 2022-2023.
2016-2017: The Dive Meta
During the years 2016-2017, the dive meta was prevalent in Overwatch, and D.va was a must-pick hero in this composition. She was often coordinated with characters like Tracer, Genji, Winston, Mercy, and Zenyatta to execute high-speed and aggressive plays. This meta was dominant for a while, until the emergence of the goats meta.
2018-2020: The Goats Meta
The goats meta, which was ongoing for a long time, saw D.va become a staple pick with a whopping 96% pick rate. Many amazing plays were made during this time, from Fury’s 0.2 second grav eat to countless others. D.va’s versatility and ability to disrupt the enemy team made her a key player in this meta.
2022-2023: The Current State of D.va
At the launch of Overwatch 2, D.va was a strong hero, but she has since been overshadowed by the Ramattra and Roadhog meta. Despite this, she remains a viable option for players looking to make a big impact in their games. With her unique abilities and playstyle, D.va is sure to continue to evolve and remain a popular hero in Overwatch for years to come.
- Doomfist has more flexibility and reach around the map
- Doomfist can bypass D.va’s defense matrix
- Doomfist has better mobility and reach than D.va
- Note: Matchup against Doomfist is more team comp reliant and not a direct counter.
- Defense Matrix can counter Junker Queen’s Knife, so be sure to keep an eye on her and use it when necessary.
- D.va’s boosters can push Junker Queen away during her axe swing animation, causing her to miss her attack.
- However, Junker Queen’s Shout ability makes it difficult to fight her, as it increases her HP and movement speed. It’s best to retreat or use Defense Matrix during this time.
- Despite Orisa’s range reduction, she remains one of the strongest tanks in the game
- D.va should use her Defense Matrix as often as possible to absorb Orisa’s Javalin
- Play around Orisa’s Fortify ability to reach the enemy backline
- Cycling Defense Matrix optimally is crucial, as Orisa’s damage output and her team’s coordination can pose a threat
- The best course of action is to coordinate with your team to dive into the enemy backline.
- D.va can absorb Ramattra’s Ravenous Vortex before it lands with her Defense Matrix, so try to time it accordingly.
- One major challenge in this matchup is that D.va’s Defense Matrix cannot block Ramattra’s punches while he is in his nemesis form. During this time, the best option is to kite back and wait for the nemesis form to end.
- While Ramattra is in his Ultimate, there’s not much that D.va can do to stop it, but one strategy is to use D.va’s ultimate to force Ramattra to hide, causing his Ultimate tp hit no one and run out as your Self-Destruct explodes.
- Like with Orisa, D.va can try to avoid Ramattra and dive his backline with her team, but keep in mind that in Ramattra’s normal form, he is relatively squishy and vulnerable, especially without his cooldowns. However, be aware of his nemesis cooldown since he can also bait D.va into it.
- This matchup requires a high level of focus and skill, but it is still playable for skilled D.va players.
- Defense matrix Reinhardt’s firestrikes to slow down his ultimate charge rate
- Keep your distance and effectively kite Reinhardt
- When Reinhardt charges, you can either peel for your teammates or engage the enemy backline
- Adapt your playstyle based on how the enemy Reinhardt is playing
- Note: It’s important to understand the enemy Reinhardt’s playstyle in order to effectively counter them. You can gain an in-depth understanding of Reinhardt here.
- Roadhog is a straightforward matchup for D.va
- Defense Matrix his shot every time he hooks to make his kit useless
- Utilize Micro Missiles to burst him down quickly
- Keep track of his location around the map for an easy win
- Sigma and D.va have similar defense matrix-style abilities, but Sigma’s rock can’t be absorbed, giving him an advantage
- D.va can wait for Sigma to use his shield to block her self-destruct and then use her ultimate, as the downtime between taking the shield back and reusing it is not enough
- D.va needs to be aware of Sigma’s Gravitic Flux and dodge it with her boosters
- This matchup is skill dependent and requires a medium level of focus.
- D.va can easily boop Winston mid-air, making it difficult for him to stick his landing.
- D.va can burst Winston down with micro missiles when he lands.
- By paying attention and marking Winston around the map, D.va can ensure he becomes useless and unable to reach his targets.
- Wrecking Ball can easily bypass D.va’s boops and engage on her team, making him a bit of a challenge.
- However, D.va can still use her boosters to peel and defend her team effectively.
- D.va can also dive the enemy backline with her damage, but she must be mindful of Wrecking Ball’s diving potential.
- In very situational circumstances, D.va’s ultimate can be used to clear all of Wrecking Ball’s mines in an area, but this play is considered niche and not commonly used.
- While Zarya is commonly thought to be a hard counter to D.va, the matchup is more complex than that.
- It’s important to keep Zarya’s energy low and monitor her bubble cooldown.
- If you catch Zarya with no bubble, she is the squishiest tank in the game and can be punished and bursted down with your team.
- You can also negate Zarya’s ultimate by using your defense matrix and forcing her to play differently.
D.va is a popular hero in the Overwatch universe with a rich history and lore. She started out as a professional gamer and national icon in her home country of South Korea. When the omniums, giant robots designed for the production of energy, began to attack her home, D.va was recruited by the military to pilot a mecha and fight against the omniums and the forces of Talon.
As a member of the elite “MEKA” (Mobile Exo-Force of the Korean Army) squad, D.va became known for her skills as a pilot and her bravery in the face of danger. She and the other members of MEKA fought against the omniums and protected South Korea from the Talon threat.
D.Va’s contribution to the organization’s battle against numerous threats was pivotal, earning her recognition as one of its most adept pilots.
However, with Overwatch disbanding and the world spiraling into turmoil once more, D.va found herself without a clear direction.
In present times, D.va remains an adored hero in the Overwatch universe and is devoted to upholding her beliefs through her unwavering courage and unparalleled skills. Be it battling against the omniums, thwarting Talon’s forces, or competing professionally, D.va stands ready to safeguard what she values the most.