Brigitte’s story within the Overwatch universe is related to her family. Her father, Torbjörn, was one of the original members of Overwatch and helped design some of the organization’s most iconic weapons and armor. Brigitte ended up growing up in the shadow of her father’s accomplishments. However, she was determined to follow in his footsteps.
Brigitte’s role in Overwatch advanced as the organization faced new problems. She started working closely with Reinhardt, another Overwatch member and close friend of her family. She ended up being his apprentice at first and then slowly turning into his squire later on, accompanying him on missions and helping to keep him safe in battle.
- Brigitte’s flail can be used to heal her allies by striking enemies, granting them health over time. An enemy needs to be hit to keep this passive going.
- Healing:15 per second
- Area of effect:20-meter radius
- Duration:5 seconds
- Cooldown:1.25 second
- Brigitte’s Rocket Flail is her primary weapon, allowing her to deal damage at close range.
- Max. range:6 meters
- Rate of fire:1 swing per 0.6 seconds.
- Casting time:0.208 seconds (initial swing)
- Duration:0.240 seconds (dealing damage)
- Headshot: ✕
- Brigitte deploys a frontal energy barrier that absorbs damage and protects her and her teammates from incoming shots and abilities. The shield has a low health pool and will disappear if it takes too much damage.
- Healing: Regenerates 85 barrier health per second, after being down for 2 seconds
- Move. speed: -30% penalty
- Casting time: instantly
- Cooldown:5 seconds if destroyed
- Brigitte can toss a Repair Pack to heal an ally, which persists until they take damage again. Repair Pack has an initial Burst of healing.
- Healing:25 + 100 over 2 seconds
- Projectile speed:45 meters per second
- Max. range:30 meters
- Duration:2 seconds
- Cooldown:6 seconds per charge
- 3 charges
- Brigitte’s flail can be used to whip enemies from a distance, dealing damage and knocking them back. This ability can also be used to hit distant targets and environmental objects.
- Move. speed:25 meters per second (booped target)
- Projectile speed:80 meters per second
- Max. range:20 meters
- Area of effect:0.5 meters radius
- Casting time:0.2 seconds startup
- Cooldown:4 seconds
- Headshot: ✕
- Brigitte can dash forward and damage an enemy with her shield. Giving her movement speed for a short period.
- Move. speed:+500% buff, which becomes +470% due to Barrier Shield’s penalty
- Max. range:12 meters
- Area of effect:60° front cone angle radius
- Cooldown:5 seconds
- Brigitte’s ultimate ability, Rally, grants her and her nearby allies overhealth over time and increases her movement speed. The overhealth only disappears once your allies take damage.
- Healing:15 overhealth per 0.5 seconds, up to 100 overhealth on self and allies
- Move. speed:+30% buff
- Area of effect:8.5 meter radius
- Casting time:0.69 seconds animation
- Duration:10 seconds
- lasts 30 seconds
- Ultimate cost:2550 points
Brigitte’s Kit Positioning
- Brigitte is a support hero in Overwatch 2 designed to give frontline support to her team. Her abilities let her heal her teammates and give shielding in very niche situations. She can also reposition with her shield and push any dives with her Whip Shot.
Primary Weapon: Rocket Flail And Whip Shot
- Brigitte’s Rocket Flail is her primary weapon, she can use it to deal damage and to proc her passive. Her flail can hit multiple people at once. She can also use her Whipshot to push enemies away from her and her team giving her utility and crowd control with her primary weapon.
Utility Ability 1: Barrier Shield
- Brigitte’s Barrier Shield gives her a barrier that can absorb damage, letting her to protect herself and very rarely her teammates. The shield can be deployed quickly but cannot take a lot of damage so she can only block key cooldowns and abilities.
Utility Ability 2: Repair Pack
- Brigitte’s Repair Pack ability gives healing to her teammates anywhere on the map. This ability has a short cooldown, letting Brigitte to use it constantly to keep her teammates alive.
Mobility Ability: Shield Bash
- Shield bash can be used to move Brigitte forward, allowing her to quickly close the distance to an enemy or reposition herself during the fight.
Passive Ability: Inspire
- Brigitte’s passive ability, Inspire, gives healing to nearby teammates whenever she deals damage. This ability encourages Brigitte to be aggressive in combat, giving the ability to heal her teammates while also dealing damage to the enemy team.
Ultimate Ability: Rally
- Brigitte’s ultimate ability, Rally, gives temporary overhealth to all nearby teammates and increases her movement speed. The overhealth boost lasts for a long duration, so Brigitte and her team can push aggressively or sustain during team fights.
- Overall, Brigitte’s kit positioning as a support hero focuses on her ability to give frontline support while being able to defend herself. Her Rocket Flail and abilities gives damage and healing, while her Barrier Shield and Whip Shot allow her to protect herself and her teammates. With careful use of her abilities and a willingness to be aggressive during teamfights, Brigitte can be a powerful asset to any team in Overwatch 2.
- Real Name: Brigitte Lindholm
- Age: 23
- Nationality: Swedish
- Occupation: Mechanical engineer
- Voice Actress: Matilda Smedius