Lucio is a Brazilian DJ and activist who uses his music to fight for social causes and make the world a better place. In the game, he is a support hero who heals, and speed boosts his teammates, deals damage and crowd control through his boop.
Lucio’s backstory is split in different parts in Overwatch, like comics and animated shorts. In the animated short “Rio de Janeiro” which happens before Overwatch, Lucio is shown hosting a concert to raise awareness and funds for his community, which has been destroyed by the Vishkar Corporation, a corrupt organization that controls the city.
- Jump onto a wall to ride along it.
- Move. speed: +30% buff +2.5 meters per second (wall leap)
- Cooldown: 0.5 seconds
- Sonic Amplifier is Lucio’s primary weapon which fires a quick burst of 4 sonic projectiles at his enemies. His Alt-fire fires a burst of sonic energy at the enemy booping them away.
- Damage: 4-round-burst
- 20 per round
- Spread angle: Pinpoint.
- Projectile speed: 50 meters per second
- Area of effect: 0.15 meters radius
- Rate of fire: 1 burst per 0.93 seconds.
- recovery stops while using melee.
- Ammo: 20
- Reload time: 1.5 seconds animation.
- Headshot: ✓
Alternate fire: (Soundwave)
- This ability allows Lucio to crowd control (boop) enemies away from him, which can be used to create space between him and his target or to knock enemies off the map.
- Damage: 25
- Move. speed: 15 meters per second (booped target)
- Max. range: 8 meters
- Duration: 0.56 s. recovery for primary
- Cooldown: 4 seconds
- Lucio’s main ability is his Crossfade, which allows him switch between Heal song and Speed Song that gives different benefits to his team.
- Area of effect: 12-meter radius
- Casting time: 0.192 seconds
- Cooldown: 0.38 seconds
- During Heal Song, Lucio plays a song that heals teammates inside this ability’s LOS (Line of Sight). This allows Lucio to constantly give sustain to his teammates.
- Healing: Allies: 16 per second
- Self: 10 per second
- During Heal Song, Lucio plays a song that increases the movement speed teammates inside this ability’s LOS (Line of Sight). This can help your team rotate between the map faster and to engage or disengage whenever your team wants.
- Move. speed: +25% buff
Amp It Up
- This ability amplifies Lucio’s Crossfade mode, giving a temporary boost of healing or speed to teammates and himself.
- Area of effect: 12-meter radius
- Casting time: 0.69 second recovery
- Duration: 3 seconds
- Cooldown: 12 seconds
Heal Song Amp:
- When using Amp It Up during Heal Song mode, Lucio will increase the amount of healing given to his teammates for a short period of time.
- Healing Allies: 52 per second
- Self: 32.5 per second
Speed Song Amp:
- When using Amp It Up during the Speed Song mode, Lucio will give his team an even greater movement speed boost.
- Move. speed: +60% buff
- When Lucio uses his Ultimate ability, he emits a powerful sound wave that gives a shield to all nearby teammates.
- The Sound Barrier provides a temporary shield to all allies within a large radius of Lucio.
- The shield lasts for a short period of time but can absorb huge amounts of damage.
- Health: 750 overhealth
- Area of effect: 30-meter radius
- Casting time: 0.72 s. from flat ground + 0.83 s. recovery
- Duration :6 seconds
- Ultimate cost: 2420 points
Lucio’s Kit Positioning
- Lucio is a highly mobile support hero in Overwatch 2, made to give speed and healing to his teammates. His abilities let him move quickly around the map, heal and boost his teammates, and crowd control (boop) the enemy team, making him a unique hero for any team composition
Primary Weapon: Sonic Amplifier
- Lucio’s primary weapon is the Sonic Amplifier, a short-range weapon that fires a bust of sound waves that damage enemies and knocks them back. Lucio can fire these sound waves repeatedly, dealing a decent amount of damage over time. His Sonic Amplifier is also useful for pushing enemies off ledges or displacing them around the map.
Mobility Ability: Wall Ride
- Lucio’s Wall Ride ability allows him to slide along walls and other horizontal surfaces, giving him unparalleled mobility during a teamfight. Using thus passive he can get anywhere he wants on the map or to go for boops using Soundwave. Wall Ride also allows Lucio to dodge enemy abilities and make himself a hard target tokill.
Utility Ability 1: Crossfade
- Lucio’s Crossfade ability allows him to switch between two different songs that provide different effects to his team. The first song, “Healing Boost,” gives healing to nearby allies, while the second song, “Speed Boost,” increases the movement speed of nearby allies. Lucio can switch between these songs at will, allowing different resources that his team will need.
Utility Ability 2: Amp It Up
- Lucio’s Amp It Up ability increases the impact of his current song, either boosting his healing output or increasing the movement speed of his teammates. This ability has a short duration and a long cooldown so it must be used effectively.
Ultimate Ability: Sound Barrier
- Lucio’s ultimate ability is the Sound Barrier, a powerful shield that creates a large amount of temporary health to all nearby teammates. This Ultimate can be used to save teammates from fatal damage, block enemy ultimates, or provide an advantage in a key moment. Sound Barrier has a limited duration, so it’s important to time it carefully for maximum impact.
- Overall, Lucio’s kit positioning as a support hero focuses on his speed, healing, and crowd control abilities. His Sonic Amplifier and Wall Ride gives him mobility and knockback, while his Crossfade and Amp It Up gives healing and speed boost to his team. His ultimate, Sound Barrier, can save teammates from high damage and turn a team fight around. With careful use of his abilities and strategic positioning during teamfights, Lucio can be an invaluable asset to any team in Overwatch 2.
- Real Name: Lúcio Correia dos Santos
- Age: 26
- Nationality: Brazilian
- Occupation: DJ, Freedom fighter
- Voice Actor: Jonny Cruz