Moira is a brilliant geneticist who is obsessed with unlocking the secrets of human biology. She is a master of biotic technology, which allows her to manipulate life at the molecular level. Her research involves controversial experimentation on live subjects, which has put her at odds with many of her colleagues.
Due to her questionable methods, Moira’s work caught the attention of Talon, an evil organization that seeks to ruin world peace. Talon recruited Moira as a key member of their team, where she provides them with her expertise in biotic technology and genetics. Changing the like of Reaper.
- Moira’s primary fire shoots out a short-range stream of biotic energy that heals allies
- Healing :70 per second, then lingers to heal 35 over 2 seconds
- Max. range:1 5 meters
- Ammo: 160 biotic energy
- Ammo usage: 20 energy per second
- Casting time: 0.08 seconds for heal
- Duration: 3 seconds (remainder)
- Headshot: ✕
- Moira’s Secondary fire can be used to Deal damage that helps fill her Healing bar, It also heals her with some of the damage done.
- Damage: 50 per second
- Healing: 24 per second (self)
- Max. range: 20 meters
- Ammo: ∞
- Headshot: ✕
- Moira launches a bouncing biotic orb that can heal allies or damage enemies in its path.
- The orb’s effect can be changed by pressing the corresponding button, switching between a healing or damaging mode.
- Damage: 50 per second, up to 200
- Healing: 65 per second, up to 300
- Projectile speed: 20 meters per second
- 5.5 meters per second while tethered
- Max. range: 4 meters (damage orb)
- 5 meters (healing orb)
- Casting time: instantly + 0.4 s. recovery
- Duration: 7 seconds, or until depleted
- Cooldown: 8 seconds
- Headshot: ✕
- Moira quickly teleports a short distance in the direction she is moving, becoming invulnerable during the process.
- This ability allows her to evade enemy attacks and reposition herself in battle.
- Can be activated during Coalescence
- Move. speed: +250% buff
- Max. range: 15 meters (max)
- Duration: 0.752 seconds + 0.048 s. recovery
- Cooldown: 6 seconds
- Moira channels a powerful beam of biotic energy that heals allies and damages enemies in its path.
- While using this ultimate ability, Moira heals for a portion of the damage she deals. She also gains increased movement speed.
- Damage: 70 per second
- Healing: 140 per second
- 50 per second (self)
- Move. speed: +40% buff
- Max. range: 30 meters
- Casting time: 0.5 seconds
- Duration: 8 seconds
- Headshot: ✕
- Ultimate cost: 2660 points
Moira Kit Positioning
- Moira is a versatile support hero in Overwatch 2, she can provide healing and damage to her teammates. Her abilities allow her to target either ally or enemies, maintain her own survivability, and provide utility to her team.
Primary Weapon: Biotic Grasp
- Moira’s primary weapon is the Biotic Grasp, a short-range stream of biotic energy that can heal allies or damage enemies. Her ability to switch between healing and damage modes is key to her gameplay and what makes the difference between a decent and great Moira player.
Mobility Ability: Fade
- Moira’s Fade ability allows her to quickly teleport a short distance in the direction she is moving, becoming invulnerable and untargetable during the process. This ability allows her to dodge enemy attacks and reposition herself in a team fight, making her difficult to punish and allowing her to be anywhere she wants on the map.
Utility Ability 1: Biotic Orb
- Moira’s Biotic Orb allows her to launch a bouncing orb that can heal allies or damage enemies. The ability to switch between healing and damage modes Giving her either extra healing that her team needs or extra damage to help finish off targets.
Ultimate Ability 2: Coalescence
- Moira’s ultimate ability, Coalescence, allows her to channel a powerful beam of biotic energy that heals allies and damages enemies in its path. While using this ultimate ability, Moira is also healed for a portion of the damage she deals. This ability can be used to turn the tide of a team fight or to provide crucial healing during a crucial moment.
- Overall, Moira’s kit positioning as a support hero emphasizes her ability to target both allies and enemies, maintain her own survivability, and provide valuable utility to her team. Her Biotic Grasp allows her to heal allies or damage enemies, and her Biotic Orb can be used to prioritize her targets accordingly. Her Fade ability allows her to reposition herself in a team fight while, her ultimate ability, Coalescence, can be used to give crucial healing and turn the tide of a team fight. With careful use of her abilities and strategic positioning on the battlefield, Moira can be an invaluable asset to any team in Overwatch 2.
Moira Basic Information
- Real Name: Moira O’Deorain
- Age: 48
- Nationality: Irish
- Occupation: Geneticist
- Minister of Genetics
- Talon council member
- Voice Actress: Genevieve O’Reilly