Orisa is a tank hero in the game Overwatch 2. She has undergone a significant rework in the game’s beta, with changes to her abilities and passive effects. The goal of the rework was to make Orisa more effective at engaging and brawling with enemies, and to make her feel more satisfying for players.The changes made to her kit are aimed at making her more engaging to play, while still retaining her core identity as a barrier tank.
Augmented Fusion Driver:
- Orisa’s primary weapon will now rapidly fire projectiles that use a heat mechanic instead of ammo.
- Damage:13 per shot
- Falloff range:15 to 25 meters
- Projectile speed:90 meters per second
- Area of effect:.1 meters projectile size
- Rate of fire:10 rounds per second
- Reload time:2.5 seconds animation (2 seconds recharge)
- When activated, Orisa gains 75 temporary health but will be slowed by 20%. This ability also reduces the heat in Orisa’s gun by 50%
- Dmg. reduction:40%
- Duration:4.5 seconds
- Cooldown:12 seconds
- Orisa can spin her javelin and knock back enemies, dealing damage and blocking certain ultimates and abilities.
- Damage:100 damage over 1.75 seconds
- Move. speed:Forward movement speed by 50% while active and by 20% for 2 seconds after the spinning ends
- Duration:1.75 seconds
- Cooldown:7 seconds
- Orisa can throw a javelin that knocks back enemies, dealing damage and stunning them further when they hit a wall.
- Damage:60 (impact damage), 40 (wall damage)
- Projectile speed:70 meters per second
- Casting time:0.3 seconds
- Duration:.2 seconds (impact stun)
- .3 seconds (wall stun)
- Cooldown:6 seconds
- Sweeps in enemies and anchors down, granting Fortify buffs while charging the Terra Surge
- Damage:15 per second while charging, 60-500 on surge (total 70-570)
- Move. speed:-30% to enemies while charging
- Area of effect:9 meters
- Casting time:1 – 4 seconds charging, 0.5 seconds to unleash surge
- Ultimate cost:1950
- Note: Terra surge can now be interrupted by Hack
- Orisa’s rework in Overwatch 2 aims to revamp the bunker-style tank and make her more aggressive on the front line.
Utility Ability – Fortify
- Orisa’s Fortify ability still allows her to reduce incoming damage. It also Gives her immunity to crowd control helping her and her team advance certain choke points in game.
Primary Fire – Augmented Fusion Driver
- Orisa’s primary fire uses a heat mechanic instead of ammo, meaning that Orisa can fire continuously without worrying about running out of ammunition. This allows Orisa to deal damage consistently and efficiently.
Utility Ability Energy Javelin
- Orisa’s new Energy Javelin ability allows her to launch a javelin at an enemy, dealing damage and briefly slowing them down. This ability also makes Orisa a more effective space maker, as she can use it to keep enemies at bay and prevent them from getting too close to her team.
- Overall, Orisa’s reworked kit makes her a more versatile tank, with the ability to both protect her team and make space for them. Her new abilities, particularly Fortify and Energy Javelin, allow her to be more effective in close-range combat and provide her with more utility.
- Real Name: Orisa
- Age: 1 month
- Nationality: Numbanian
- Occupation: Guardian robot
- Voice actor: Cherrelle Skeete