Tracer, whose actual name is Lena Oxton, is a valiant hero hailing from Britain and was one of the pioneering members of Overwatch, a task force uniting several nations to achieve global peace amidst war and discord. She has mastered the art of piloting and combat and utilizes time-manipulation technology to move speedily and reverse time.
In her past, Tracer worked as a test pilot for the Slipstream, a state-of-the-art fighter jet. However, an unfortunate mishap occurred during a test flight, leading to Lena’s disappearance. She later resurfaced, but her molecular structure was in flux, causing her to flicker in and out of existence unpredictably.
Thanks to Winston’s creation of the chronal accelerator, a remarkable device allowing Tracer to regulate her time stream and remain anchored in the present, she can maintain a stable existence and continue her exploits with Overwatch. Her exceptional abilities were integral to Overwatch’s fight against global threats, and Tracer remains a valuable asset to the team.
- Tracer’s primary weapon is a pair of Pulse Pistols, which she can fire rapidly at her enemies.
- These pistols deal a moderate amount of damage, and their rapid-fire nature makes them effective at close range
- Damage:1.5- 5.5 per bullet
- 3 – 11 per shot
- Falloff range:13 – 20 meters
- Spread angle:Max: 3.6 degrees
- Num. of pellets:2 bullets per shot
- Rate of fire:20 shots per second
- Ammo usage:2 rounds per 0.048 seconds
- 0.96 seconds for 40 rounds
- ~0.22 seconds recovery for shoot if stops
- Reload time:1 second animation
- Tracer’s Blink ability allows her to teleport a short distance in the direction she’s moving.
- Blink has three charges, which recharge over time.
- This ability allows Tracer to quickly move in and out of combat, making her difficult to hit.
- 3 seconds per charge
- 9 seconds for all three charges
- Max. range:7.5 meters
- Ammo:3 charges
- Duration:0.1 seconds recovery for reuse
- Cooldown:3 seconds per charge
- 9 seconds for all three charges
- Tracer’s Recall ability allows her to return to her previous location and health status, as well as ammo status and abilities cooldown.
- This ability can be used to escape dangerous situations or to heal up after taking damage.
- Recall has a long cooldown, so it should be used strategically.
Healing:Health returned to the highest value in the past 3 seconds
- Duration:0.91 seconds rewinding
- Rewinds 3 seconds back
- Cooldown:12 seconds
- Tracer’s ultimate ability is Pulse Bomb, which attaches a bomb to a target that explodes after a short delay, dealing massive damage to nearby enemies.
- Pulse Bomb can be thrown a short distance and can stick to walls, floors, and even enemies.
- This ability can be used to clear out groups of enemies or to take out high-value targets.
- Damage:Stick: 5
- Explosion: 70-350
- Self: 70-350
- Projectile speed:15 meters per second
- Area of effect:5 meter explosion radius
- Casting time:0.144 seconds for throw + 0.192 s. recovery
- Duration:1 second after stick
- Ultimate cost:1260 points
Tracer’s Kit positioning
- Tracer is a mobile damage hero in Overwatch 2, She is primarily picked for her mobility and her high consistent damage output. She has the ability to quickly move in and out of the team fight to kill enemies while dodging many abilities.
Primary Weapon: Pulse Pistols
- Tracer’s primary weapon is the Pulse Pistols, which fires a SMG style gun. The pistols deal a moderate amount of damage and are most effective at close to medium range.
Mobility Ability: Blink
- Tracer’s Blink ability lets her teleport a short distance in the direction key that she presses. She has three charges of Blink, that recharge over time. This ability lets her get around the map quickly and also making her difficult to hit.
Utility Ability: Recall
- Tracer’s Recall gives her the ability to return to her old location and health, as well as ammo 3 seconds before. This ability is used to get out of situations she’s in danger in and to go for aggressive plays or to heal up after taking damage. Recall has a long cooldown, so she needs to use it carefully.
Ultimate Ability: Pulse Bomb
- Tracer’s Ultimate ability is Pulse Bomb, attaches a bomb to and enemy that explodes after a short peroid of time, dealing massive damage. Pulse Bomb can be thrown a short distance and can stick to walls, floors, and even enemies. This ability is used to kill multiple enemies in tight spaces or to kill key targets.
- Overall, Tracer’s kit positioning as a damage hero focuses on her ability to get around the map quickly and kill enemies. Her mobility abilities, Blink and Recall, let her escape danger and make her difficult to hit, while her Pulse Pistols and Pulse Bomb give her consistent damage output.. With her highly mobile playstyle and smart use of her abilities, Tracer can be a valuable to any team in Overwatch 2.
- Real Name: Lena Oxton
- Age: 26
- Nationality: British (English)
- Occupation: Adventurer
- Overwatch agent
- Voice Actress: Cara Theobold